Saturday, May 10, 2014

The gentleman with the cute Pug.

On my morning walks, there are many people whom I pass, on a regular basis and many of them are on a hand waving or a smiling relationship with me, by now. One of them happens to be a gentleman with his new canine acquisition - a cute Pug and the two of them remind me about my sojourns with Bruno, years ago.

Usually, he and the pup are accompanied by either of his children - a boy and a girl, who're extremely proud of their pet! In the initial stages, I used to see the owner literally tugging at the pup to make headway making me wonder as to whether he was endeavouring to catch up with me and my pace. So, I'd to tell him, once, that the dog needed to be given time for his sniffs and capers that accelerate the process of doing his job and if he wanted to pursue his walk to exercise himself, he'd to do another circuit after leaving the animal back at his home on completion of its outing.

He's eager to know about the nuances of parenting a dog and takes tips from me, every now and then. I try to recall the milestones of Bruno from my memory and pass on the information in the 'why-when-what' format. I daresay I've become a vet of sorts! Probably realising my usefulness, his Pug has taken a liking for your's truly. The Pug is named Tiger and has a white coat with a cute black patch around its mouth! His owner adds that the canine is fiercely carnivorous and all attempts at feeding him with vegetarian fair have been met with stiff resistance.

I must confess that I feel nice seeing the pup every day and feel that I've missed out on something if I did not see him on my walking spree!  



Tailpiece.

I've kept my inclination in check to acquire my own canine - friends have suggested that I must go for a pair this time so that the devastation is minimal if one of them were to pass away as the other's presence would soften the shock, a fact that I can't comprehend. But there are far bigger reasons in my hesitation, which are:-

      (a) Bruno is still very much 'live' within my system and his loss continues to be a festering wound.
      (b) One's movements get hampered with the presence of a pet and there's quite a bit of travel for us
            under the present circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment