Saturday, May 24, 2014

A pleasant yet hectic day.

The day had begun at 0902h as it was an important 'muhurat' on Radhika-Lalit wedding day but we'd missed it by a whisker and rather than put the blame on the others, I'd taken it upon myself! After a brief interlude for breakfast, the rituals continued till lunchtime and it was interesting to note the customs and traditions that were being followed. We're, indeed, glad to be there!!

The interaction with the others continued unabated and I've now a stack of visiting cards given to me, by a few of the guests that I'd come across, with a promise to keep in touch. The lunch had a distinct Maharashtrian touch and I gorged on the exquisite 'poorenpolis'!

After the snooze, post lunch, we're on the dot at the lawns of Sekhar's house for the final event - the reception organised by Lalit's folks. A few new friends have been added to the list but it remains to be seen that the relationships continue.

Congratulations, Lalit and Radhika as you embark on a new journey together. Here's wishing that you get whatever you wish for and thanks, Sekhar and Vijaya for making this possible - our presence, that is. It's a wonderful get together.


Tailpiece.

I was once again pulled on to the center stage when my friends had insisted on my singing the all time favourite, 'Jamaican farewell' and in turn, I'd everyone singing the chorus with me. The texture of the evening had changed forthwith!

No comments:

Post a Comment