Monday, May 26, 2014

Kottarakkara to Guruvayur via Ayoor.

After a late night, it's once again time to get behind the wheel to get to our place at Guruvayur. My sister and niece had to be dropped at Ayur, about 18 km in reciprocal to the direction that we'd to take. I shall touch upon a few thoughts and events that had taken place during the day. So, here I go:-

  (a) Even the KSRTC driver understands.

   We're passing through a narrow stretch of the highway - heavily barricaded by the Metro activities -
    when a road transport corporation bus passed by much too close for comfort, putting me into a spot.
    My reaction was to palm my chin, as though in contemplation as to what the guy was up to, all the while
    knowing he was seeing me through his rear view mirror. His reaction was not that I was prepared for -
    he'd stopped at a wider stretch ahead and asked me to overtake. Probably, it's his way of acknowledging
    his mistake and was nice of him. I waved at him as I went past and he, too, had reciprocated with a wide
    grin on his face. I'd made another friend without knowing his identity!

   (b) After a long while.

    My friend and classmate, Ajith had made a connect during the journey, saying that he was at Guruvayur
    and wanted to meet up with us. Accordingly, he'd fetched up around 2000h. His spiritual evolution has
    been tremendous, in fact, he spends a good time of his life at an 'ashram' on the foothills of the Himalayas,
    about fours by road from Nainital. One of the two bachelors of our class, he has always been helpful,
    a gentleman to his fingertips and humble to a fault. The three hours that he'd spent with us were absorbing
    and enlightening. My mom and he'd become good friends during the course of the interaction.

   (c) Arjun's call.

    As I was winding up with Ajith, young Arjun had called me up from Madras to give me his travel
    details. He's the eldest son of my class mate, Charlie Mike and has had some difficulty in his personal
    life owing to medical problems. The family had visited us last month and ever since the visit, he was
    very keen to come and spend time with us on a 'learning curve' as he puts it. He sounded very excited
    and will be with us from 26 Jun to 01 Jul.


Tailpiece.

A long day and a fairly long drive but everything had gone by with clockwork precision!
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment