Saturday, January 3, 2015

A great union at Rithika's wedding!

I'd got up at 4 in the morning with thoughts of mom. After going through the morning chores, earlier than usual, I'd begun saying my daily prayers. It was then that I'd promised 'Guruvayoorappan' that I'd do the 'sayanapradakshinam'(side rolling on the inner pathway around the sanctum sanctorum) if I got good news about mom later in the morning.

And, as if on cue, my sister did tell me that mom was much better by about breakfast time! Phew!! God had responded!!!

The elaborate rituals and ceremonies, connected with the wedding, went through most of the forenoon and had ended by lunchtime. We did have the privilege of meeting up with more people but interacting with Mhaisalkar's wife, sister and mother was a wonderful moment.

The reception that followed, in the evening, at the Army Institute was colourful and gregarious. A brigadier had walked up to me in the course of the evening and introduced himself as my cadet at the NDA. He told Lekha that I was a 'terror' to him and his course mates during their training time and had attributed my efforts for his having come thus far in life. The 'Kodak' moment of the evening was when Pushpa, his wife, had captured us on his cellphone so that he could upload it to all his friends!
Thanks, Pradeep Nair, for making my day!


Tailpiece.

As we're driving into Colaba, we saw the infamous 'Adarsh' extending skyward like a huge behemoth but completely dark as though it was trying to hide itself because of its ignominy! I'd call it the symbol of blatant corruption indulged in by a few 'supposed to be honourable men'!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment