Monday, January 5, 2015

Back at Bangalore.

The morning went by without me doing anything much as we're booked on an evening flight. The guesthouse staff were expressive in their farewells as we left soon after lunch.

Alam, my 'saarthi', was as efficient as ever but hit a bad note when he was flagged down by a traffic cop for jumping a traffic light. He went running to the cops to justify his misdemeanor citing the reason that I was getting late for my flight. The cop was a nice fella and I did apologise to him for Alam's error saying that I should have corrected it then and there, when it took place.

At the airport we'd come across KS Vasan, my senior at school, quite accidentally and it was nice catching up with him after leaving the Academy. He has been able to indulge in his passion for flying by owning a small, light aircraft at Denver, USA that doesn't require any license as I understand. What was interesting was that he continues to be the simple guy that he was known to be at school! He'll be going back to Denver after 10 days but has promised to visit us at Guruvayur later!!

The flight was late by about 15 mts corresponding to the delay in taking off from Bombay. The Bangalore airport is the one that has really catered to the needs of the thousands of passengers by having the coach and cab facilities pretty close to the Departure and Arrival terminals!


Tailpiece.

Got our things ready for an early take off tomorrow morning. Mini had received us with a lovely dinner as usual. Thanks sis for everything!    

No comments:

Post a Comment