Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A sentimental meeting.

The forenoon hours were spent at the Foundation in meeting people, consulting with experts and tracking our projects that are ongoing.

In the evening, we'd gone to look up Vichaani kunjamma, who's been reported to have not been keeping well of late. I was seeing her after almost three months and she was lying down in her room, comparatively early in the evening. But, then, she was always the one who hit the sack early - as a habit - to get up early at 4, in the morning without fail!

The quick lighting up of her face, on seeing me, reinforced the fact that I continued to have a special place in her heart. And when she saw Maman and his family, her happiness knew no bounds. The next half an hour was of great sentimental value and I've been able to extract a promise from my ma'asi to visit us at Guruvayur to spend a few days with us, with special emphasis on mom.

How times have changed? Vichaani kunjamma's office used to be a stone's throw away from my school, the Holy Angels' Convent. Soon after being admitted into the school, I suffered from 'severe homesickness' and used to sulk from class at the slightest pretext and end up at my ma'asi's office! The entire office staff used to egg me on to give up my sulking tendencies to do well in life!! Vichaani kunjamma used to be known for her exquisite and appropriate choice of clothes and made any meeting lively with her practical approach.

She, now, is quieter and lonely ever since the passing away of Santhan kochachan, three years back. Her subdued persona unsettles me.........can time bring about such drastic changes? Perhaps, major upheavals may bring about cataclysmic changes and kochachan's departure is an irrepairable loss....not only for her but for all of us. We're yet to get over that sad night!


Tailpiece.

After a quick bite, we'd gone to see the Malayalam movie, 'Varsham'. A possible story, tautly edited and nicely told with stellar performances by Mammootty, Asha Sarath and the rest of the cast!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment