Monday, January 12, 2015

Frenetic activity!

Mom was slowly getting back to normalcy. Her doctor's advice of 'Betonin' to get back her appetite seemed to be on track! I'd rushed to our familiar medical shop to get the medicine.

Achu came in by 11 AM and slowly, the things were falling in place before I take off for Thiruvananthapuram tomorrow morning. Priya's request to send in my thoughts about her father, who's turning 60 later this month, has been heeded to. I could finally put my thoughts on paper about Babu, my classmate and friend. Phew! The effort was sent by speed post to overcome the delay on my part!!

Three things are gonna been done during my absence. Our land line telephone needs to be brought on stream, the guys had promised to restore it this week positively as the problem was with the cable and that I was to wait out my mandatory time in the queue as there were many other complainants before me! So much about the services being prompt in our country!! We need to go a long way on that front. Can't still understand as to why we can't take it as a pride to do work expected of us promptly and efficiently, thereby, avoiding unnecessary clutter. It's our silly need to feel important, as simple as that.

And then there was a call from the Foundation asking me to pick up a few diaries from the temple trust's library. I was woefully aware of the additional burden that I'd to carry but guys seemed to understand  my discomfiture(?) because they're out of stock!

We decided to call it an early night as it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.


Tailpiece.                                                                                                                                                                                      
                                                                                          
To be frank, I ain't comfortable leaving Lekha in a flux, but the Foundation's requirement needs to be met. Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment