Saturday, January 10, 2015

Gearing up for next week's move.

I've been asked to fetch up at Thiruvananthapuram by Monday, for the next phase of the e-literacy programme of the Foundation. As I'd said earlier, this time we endeavour to cover the panchayats of Wyanad and Ernakulam districts.

Mom was not very happy to hear about it. Her health needs a bit more of perking up. The appetite has not returned and she's weak thanks to the antibiotic administration. I've already decided to delay my departure by a day and will tap the doctor, at hand, if the problem persists beyond Sunday. The viral fever, ex-Bangalore, has been crippling, I must say. Had taken a unilateral decision of restricting mom's antibiotic intake to three days as against the five that the doctor had advised. The reasons were two:-

     (a) it was very, very potent and I did not want mom to be unnecessarily stuffed with medicines.
     (b) there was a perceptible improvement in her overall condition.

I hope that the consequential break of three days wouldn't increase the in-built bacterial resistance to the medicine. My nephew, Achu, has been asked to join mom and Lekha to raise the spirits while I'm gonna be away.

The continuing delay in the restoration of our faulty telephone has been an irritant. Citing problems on the cable, I've been assured that it would be taken up next week as I'm in queue. Though, with two cellphones in hand, the problem is not acute its non-availability is definitely a sore point. And above all, mom finds it comfortable to use the landline compared to the cellphone!


Tailpiece.

As mom was coming down the staircase, she paused for a moment at the huge collage of photographs slung on the wall with a smile. When queried, she narrated the occasion a particular photograph was shot by dad, years ago. The photograph shows me explaining to my sisters, something that I was reading from a comic!

No comments:

Post a Comment