Thursday, January 1, 2015

The first day!

The Bangalore sky was overcast as I'd got up from bed. And rains weren't far behind. But despite all this, the weather was comparatively warm.

The packing was accomplished within no time. And we're ready to leave about an hour before the evening tea. Mom had also decided to accompany us in the car and her earlier weakness was nowhere to be witnessed! As I'd a quick glance at her weakness during lunchtime, I'd warned my sister that she must be having her weakness thanks to the regimen of antibiotics.

But it was glad having her along with us during our journey to Koramagala, the place where Lekha's uncle stayed. We'd seen them off soon after but not before mom's impromptu going around the corner at the parking space where there was hardly any movement of people.

Did I see my mom grow old over the last few days? The sudden discomfort, the consequent medical management and her almost passive existence have been quite worrying. Hope she regains her chirpiness by the time we return from Bombay! She'd nodded vigorously when I'd told her that she must be ready by 05 Jan in all respects so that we could leave for Palakkad and onward to Guruvayur on 06 Jan.

The deadline is real in that 07 Jan happens to be my dad's remembrance day and 08 Jan, my mom's birthday! I need to be at Guruvayur, positively, by PM 06 Jan. Period!


Tailpiece.

It was a wonderful evening with Lekha's Gopi chittappan and Jayanthi kunjamma. Moni, Derek and Adrian had dropped by to be with us. The evening at Korammangala was heavenly........And we've an early day tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment