Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Continuing enigma!

Mom isn't keeping well. In fact, she hasn't been okay after the viral fever that had struck during our Bangalore visit. This morning, I'd the lab staff of the Rajah Hospital home for collecting the blood, urine samples and hit an unexpected emergency.

The pathology team had fetched up half an hour late and mom couldn't hold on for that long and had, consequently, gone round the corner. So when the appointed time had come about, she was unable to provide the sample! Half an hour after the team had left, we could collect the requisite output and I'd to rush to the hospital to hand over the same. Mom was apologetic and it took time to convince her that it was not a bother at all!!

The results were passed on to me over the telephone, through e-mail and a hard copy, by hand! The staff nurse was insistent that I informed her doctor about a lingering infection, highlighted by a 'higher than normal' ESR reading. And sure enough, by evening she was quite under the weather and had to be propped up with antibiotics as directed by the doctor, after hearing the values.

There were a few anxious moments which, even saw me cursing myself for having made that trip to Bangalore!

Anyways, I'm sure that her doctor would solve the vexed issue when we meet him on Friday. Mom is eagerly looking forward to this visit. I shall keep my fingers crossed as it's gonna be a longish journey!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow is gonna be an early day with my 'sayanapradakshinam' at the Guruvayur temple in the early hours. I'd taken this vow when I'd seen mom's pitiable state while at Bangalore. Narayanan, my 'ole friend from Delhi has been gracious to offer me company during the effort!     

No comments:

Post a Comment