Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A remedy that went awry!

1. The overdose.

Mom had got up with a complaint that her bowel movements weren't smooth. Last night I'd given her a dose of the purgative on the doctor's instructions and was hoping that everything would be okay by morning. Mom's complaint had to be taken seriously, otherwise she could get to be irritable. Perhaps, she required another dose of the medicine.

After breakfast, she was administered the second dose and I'd gone on an urgent errand. An hour later I'd got a call from Lekha that mom was having loose motions! It took the whole of the forenoon for her condition to get back to normal, the overarching requirement being that she didn't get dehydrated in the process!

             *             *             *

2. At the service station.

My Chevy was handed over to the service station for the mandatory repairs after the close encounter with a lorry last week. Could also ask them to look into a couple of problem areas as the duration of the repairs was gonna take up a whole week. I've two weddings to attend and the e-literacy field work in the district of Pathanamthitta coming up next week.

Perhaps, my Chevy has to remain admitted for more than a week. My mind had been unsettled ever since the accident because the dent looked unwieldy and definitely, was unnecessary!

              *            *            *

3. Anto to the rescue.

After handing over my car, I'd walked to the nearby bus stop to hop on to one of the numerous private buses plying from Thrissur to Guruvayur. Usually, the buses stop to take in passengers but my experience was different for the day, wonder why? Despite my flagging a bus to stop, it zapped past me much to my surprise.

As I was standing flummoxed, Anto had come by after stopping his rick a few feet ahead. He was on a return trip from the Thrissur Railway Station and offered me a free lift. Wasn't he godsend?


Tailpiece.

A hectic day but could clear up the backlog of work that had piled up. Phew!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment