Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The home made Christmas cake.

This morning was indeed hectic with me literally running out of the house to make it in time for an appointment. Traffic was comparatively sparce thanks to many of the Delhiites having prefixed and suffixed holidays to have a long, uninterrupted leave through the week.

My first stop was at the nearby hospital to look up an old friend who's undergone a surgery. She seemed to be cheerful and recovering well and should be discharged by this weekend. And my second stop was at the MI Room for monitoring my blood pressure that has been erratic for no rhyme or reason. Thankfully, the readings have come back to normal - perhaps, it was one of the rogue phenomena that, at times, perks up to give one the jitters.

In my case, frankly I did not have any misgivings about my health as there was no discomfort, whatsoever. The false alarm was sounded last week when I'd gone for lunch at a friend's place who'd this fancy gadget and had tried it on me to show as to how it works. The readings simply surprised me and presto, everyone present was adequately convinced that there was something seriously wrong and had I not vehemently opposed it, I would've been admitted into a clinic(A strong reason not to have doctors as friends!) forthwith!!

Then there was this meeting that dragged on to lunchtime. As I made it back to my office, there was Shaji - a mallu Christian and a member of the staff - with a nicely packaged Christmas cake that was baked at his home, meant for yours truly. Well, that was indeed the highlight of the day.

Thanks, Shaji for your wonderful gesture and here's wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment