Monday, December 27, 2010

Truly overwhelming!

The reactions of my close friends and staff on my marching orders have been truly overwhelming. In fact, a couple of them have gone to the extent of asking me as to why I was not using my 'contacts' to have it cancelled or even, deferred perhaps!

I could only tell them that while appreciating their love and affection for yours truly, I'd no intention of doing anything to stall what has come by. I take it that everything that happens is for one's good, in the ultimate analysis and this is yet another event in my life and I've to take it head on!!

I'm reminded of the poem, "The Charge of the Light Brigade", which is the story of the valour shown by a brigade of tough men - badly mutilated in an earlier battle, awaiting casualty evacuation and additional reinforcements - on receiving an erroneous order to advance to the forward area for combat, during the Crimean War.

And I quote those famous lines from the poem, now immortal:-

"Their's is not to question why
Their's is but to do and die
Into the valley of death rode the six hundred".

That, in essence, is the high value system that we uphold and all the rest shall follow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment