Saturday, November 10, 2012

At Guruvayur yet again!

We'd driven off from Kochi early this morning for Guruvayur. There were three requirements - one was to look up an elderly lady who has been hospitalised as her health has taken a turn for the worse, the second was to meet with the people from 'Classic Kitchen' for a few essential inputs for our house and the third was to attend a wedding in the family.

Actually, I'd got myself booked for a quick dash to Pune and back to surprise my friends as their grandson is being put through the sacred 'annaprashna'(the auspicious first adult meal!) But alas, it was not to be. It would have given me an opportunity to see the little one too. I shall, however, say my prayers for him and ask Guruvayurappan to give him everything that he wishes for.

The old lady seems to be in a pretty bad shape and I only hope that she doesn't suffer. Her greatest asset is that she continues to spread happiness. She's extremely fond of my dad and spoke about him to me as I held her hand, sitting beside her.

It's hectic as usual. But I suppose this is the essence of living! 


Tailpiece.

Guruvayur is getting ready for the 'ekadasi' which falls on the 24th of this month. The crowds visiting the temple will be unprecedented as always. And what's the significance of that day?

It was on that day that Lord Krishna had imparted the 'Gitopadesam' to Arjuna, his favourite disciple!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment