Sunday, November 11, 2012

The sibling bonding.

I'd quite a few frantic calls from Ravi, the caretaker of our residential area and since I'd hit the highway and was on to an interesting 'race' with two other fellow motorists, it took me a while to attend to his call.

For the first half a minute there was an impregnated silence and I'd concluded that Ravi was trying to contact me on some trivia and there was a touch of irritability in my tone when I'd asked him as to what it was. And suddenly, the floodgates opened and he was sobbing uncontrollably so much so that his words, been sobs, were getting choked. In bits and pieces, he told me that he'd got the sad news that his sister had passed away. I gathered that she was in her early sixties, was ailing with respiratorial problems for a while and is survived by her husband and three children who're well settled, staying close by.

While offering my awkward condolences, I told him that he'd to garner all the strength that he could muster and give the soothing effect to his sister's family. What came strongly was the strong bonding between the siblings! Felt nice.


Tailpiece.

Just had a close shave with a superfast bus of the state's road transport corporation. The fault was mine in that I'd not looked at the rear view mirror as he came charging and overtook me by the left. And I'd begun to initiate a turn to the left! Your's truly is required in this world for some more time, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment