Friday, November 23, 2012

In the line of fire.

Mac Murphy has expounded famously that, 'If anything has to go wrong, it will'.

Well it seems that the axiom has proved to be true in our residential area today. I'd started feeling comfortable that all checks and procedures have been streamlined for the smooth running of the residential area with the state of security established at 'Zulu Alpha' levels - meaning that no loophole was left unattended! And now it seems as to how foolhardy I was in that assumption of mine.

I got a call this morning, from the caretaker, that the house of a resident - the family is away on leave - has been burgled. The padlock on the main door of the house has been mysteriously left untampered with, and it has been unhinged instead. Whosoever had done it had kept an enormous amount of time in hand to carry out the perfidy! On initial check, one of the cupboards within the house is seen to be ransacked. Further losses, if any, will be pinpointed once the owner returns and thankfully, he's from the neighbourhood and so, it's not gonna take much time.

The case will be thoroughly investigated by the appropriate agencies and the culprits brought to book. And till that happens it would be miserable. I would be naive if I were to ask as to why this is happening because my assumption is that everyone staying, under my umbrella, is contended and no one requires wealth acquired through ill gotten means. And I shall definitely not resort to any crystal ball gazing to ascertain the guilty though the temptation gets strong in the course of time when pieces of information come trickling down.


Tailpiece.

I need to have a relook at the security arrangements that have been put in place. Perhaps, a revamp is required as I must have missed out on the details. And the buck stops with me. Period!  

No comments:

Post a Comment