Friday, November 16, 2012

Hectic!

Today was a hectic one. My wits were tested after a long while.

A friend of mine was upset that I'd commented upon his mail rather 'harshly'. It all began when another friend of ours had wished us on 'veterans day' and our man tried to quote the dictionary and said that the word 'veteran' has a derogatory connotation! To my mind, the retort was misplaced and uncalled for in the context and I'd said so in my reply to which he'd taken umbrage to. I'd to mollify him and tell him that e-mails on the circuit were to be perused with an open mind and when one were to pen one's thoughts, care had to be taken not to offend the reader without in anyway, diluting the message that one wanted to convey. It really took quite a while - over the telephone - to make him understand my point of view and I'd done so to ensure that he didn't sulk and  stay away from interacting with us, on the circuit!

Meanwhile, the review by the inspecting officer was on in full swing. I understand that he's quite satisfied with what he saw!

The evening saw me go through some real anxious moments when Lekha'd complained of severe stomach cramps. Almost the entire range of home remedies were tried thanks to directives from her help, over the telephone. Ginger - crushed with honey and wholesome, for chewing - garlic, a tot of brandy and finally, a few drops of 'pudin hara' covered the spectrum! Roy, the resident doctor, was cute enough to come down for a late night house call to endorse the actions taken till then. What actually bothered me was that she has stones in her gall bladder which have been 'asymptomatic' till now. Her doctors have maintained that nothing needed to be done till they begin to get difficult and bothersome. Have they got active? Probably, an ultrasound scan, in the next medical review, would be in order.

The cramps had finally subsided just before bed time. Phew!


Tailpiece.

Earlier, I was at the range watching my boys at firing. I too had tried my hand at it. And how did I fare? Er, let me put it that I would have loved to see more of my rounds on the target!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment