Friday, June 21, 2013

An interesting afternoon.

Disaster struck early in the morning!

I'd taken my folks for their temple 'darshan' on my way to get my mom's hearing aid tuned. She's finally agreed to use it more frequently. The approach and parking has always been tricky as the center is perched on a hillock. In the course of backing my car, the rear portion had a 'heavy' contact with the wall making my next visit to the Geeyem Motors service station inevitable and immediately after this trip. But thankfully, I can drive on for the next couple of days and finish up my errands as the damage is superficial but entails extensive chassis work!

The inauguration of the renovated library of the Upper Primary School, near our house, was at 1430 hrs. The connected function and the handing over of the books from the endowment begun in dad's memory was nicely conducted by the school authorities. A sizeable audience consisting of the school's students was attentive and inquisitive during the interactive session. And the school had given me the honour to inaugurate the revamped library by cutting the tape.

Throughout my stay at the function, I was trying to visualise as to where my dad must have sat, in the huge hall, during his student days.


Tailpiece.

After leaving my mom and sister at home, we'd taken off for Thiruvananthapuram to make it for my friend's place for a get together of our classmates.

It was a lovely and noisy evening as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment