Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A strange phenomenon.

Christmas day, when the Christians were celebrating the world over. At Pune, as I moved through the city, I realised that there was not much of an evidence of the celebrations. Or was it that I'd not moved through the areas where the fun and frolic were there? I'd like to believe that it was the latter. Or is it that the population of the christian community in the city was not very significant?

Syrill, my saarthi, had something very interesting to say and I quote, "People are less enthusiastic about celebrating any festive occasion because the economics wasn't working right owing to the rising prices and the prohibitive costs of essential household items". Probably, he's a point but the lack of enthusiasm was very, very evident.

On a personal level, it was a time to meet up with friends and catching up from where we'd left last. It's nice to be back at a home away from home and it felt that I'd never been away from them.There was adequate time at my disposal because the function connected to the wedding was in the evening.

The function was a glittering one with the massive lawn and the trees and shrubs around decorated with garlands of illumination lights. The entertainment programme was nice and well edited. After exchanging hellos and meeting up with friends, I'd made an early retreat to my friend's place nearby with the permission of the hosts. I suppose the excitement and the skipping of the afternoon siesta knocked me off within a jiffy. I found that I'd no control over my drooping eyelids!


Tailpiece.

My days at Pune seem to have a fairytale setting and every moment has that tinge of excitement. Simply great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment