Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The year that was.

As the last day of 2013 draws to a close, I'm urged to look back into the year that was, to take stock of the events of my life over the last 365 days. And let me try listing them out.

    (a) My mom coming to stay with us for good.
    (b) My hanging up of the uniform.
    (c) The shifting of our 'base' to Guruvayur.
    (d) The streamlining of Lekha's treatment though the ulcer on her foot is still to heal.

In other words, it's been a tremendous change of tack and I've been trying to absorb the shift in the circumstances. Whether I've been successful in my endeavour, only time will tell.


Tailpiece.

Bunty and Babli, our help while we're at Delhi, have been in dire straits. Bunty was down with dengue fever a few months back and was in bad shape and his medical bills were beginning to strain the hapless family's resources. I'd promised them monetary assistance when Babli had called us about ten days back but with the hectic pace of life, I'd forgotten to effect the bank transfer.

She'd called us yesterday to give a sitrep to Lekha which had bolted me into action. This morning's call from her, confirming its receipt was a great relief.    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment