Sunday, December 29, 2013

To Thiruvananthapuram.

There were quite a few things required to be tied up. Vijayan, the caretaker, had given a rundown of essential and inescapable work on the house that required immediate attention. He'd lined up the people who'd undertake the job on the dates decided and the costs had to be arrived at. After having wrapped up the details, we'd set off to meet the mothers-in-law of both my sisters and Lekha's dad.

So, it's well past sunset when I'd pulled up at my uncle's place where we're gonna stay till 04 Jan to be part of the PM's programme, at Kanakakkunnu Palace, that would honour PN Panicker. After dropping my mom and my younger sister there we'd proceeded to my friend's place for an impromptu get together of a few of my classmates.

The drive was without hiccups and the roads were well lit but crowded with people who're out on a stroll, enjoying the illumination of the trees and the buildings by the roadside as a part of the celebrations to ring in the new year. There was a festive air all round and one could not help but be part of the prevalent gaiety even though from far!


Tailpiece.

This evening we're putting up with Suresh(my classmate from school) and Sindhu(my schoolmate) who take pains to give us a home away from home. And we've our classmate's son's wedding to attend tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment