Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Driving my Chevy around.

I've this mental frame whenever I drive my Chevy. I find that the roads are far too narrow, the traffic so badly snarled and the usual space that gets to be available is not adequate enough to maneuver, consequently finding me park quite far away from the intended destination. For me, her safety while staying parked and availability of plenty of space for other vehicles to move past to avoid any close quarter situation, resulting in ugly overtones to my car are a must!

Today, I'd taken a professional driver with me to take us through comparatively narrow roads, packed on either sides with shops. In fact, it was the same guy who'd taken me to Ettumanoor the other day. He did it with enormous ease, driving through narrower roads than what I've ever driven through and parked at impossible places where I didn't think that there was any space at all to pass through, let alone parking. But all the same, I knew that he was right because he wasn't giving anyone else any difficulty as there were no harsh sounds of the horn behind or anywhere near - more specifically, at us! And he was cool as a cucumber while going about his job. He took his own time to do things too and others simply didn't seem to mind!!

Why can't I be like that? And that too with the experience of having driven through many places all over the country? Am I too cautious? Or am I too careful about my car? Because wrong things can happen when one is overcautious and when one doesn't anticipate the other's actions/motives or even mistakes!

Guess what? I need to have more kilometers under my belt and need to be more deliberate while driving and be just cautious and not a wee bit more!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day and a long drive as we've many milestones to achieve(no pun intended!).

No comments:

Post a Comment