Saturday, December 21, 2013

On the road yet again.

2C, Panigrahi was formally handed over to the authorities by about a half past 9. After going through the informal farewells and bidding our personal goodbyes, we're off to Palakkad by about 11AM. I shall always remember our stay at the Panampilli Nagar - the best address in town - fondly. The overwhelming support that I received as the patriarch of the huge family, the random interactions with the residents which were effective feedback to fine tune decisions and the children's proprietorial attitude towards yours truly were a heady recipe for a contended stay of almost two and a half years.

The boot of our Chevy was loaded to capacity with the items that had been left behind during our last trip. As I drove off from the compound did I hear the strained tune of 'Auld Lang Syne' somewhere in the background? Or was it all my imagination, giving too much importance to the 'ahom' in me and taking myself seriously? But the occasion was overwhelming as the caretaker and the security guys gave me my last bows.

The drive was nice and the fast clip did ease the heavy feeling. And the stretch of road that has been recently surfaced made driving a pleasure. The only mismatch was when a guy driving a white Qualis prevented me from overtaking him and seemed to enjoy my predicament as could be gleaned from his side view mirror. Wonder why I and my Chevy bring out the beast in some?

We're at my sister's place by teatime and it was nice to be back with her and mom, who'd be coming to Guruvayur with us tomorrow.


Tailpiece.

Mom had cut her birthday cake made ready for the occasion by my sister. And after the celebrations, sat down with the day's newspaper to catch up on the news as I seemed to be totally out of date!    

No comments:

Post a Comment