Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winding up our Kochi address.

It was an early morning trip to the path lab nearby for the tests asked for by Lekha's doctor. Armed with the results, we'd be meeting him at the appointed hour tomorrow.

I'd gone to my previous office to collect mail that had collected up during my absence and to tie up the loose ends and also inquire about the things that needed to be done, if any. I could sort out SK's  minor problem regarding his accommodation - which he'd narrated to me on arrival - as the concerned person happened to be a cadet whom I'd trained at the Academy. I'd given my usual caution that I didn't want him to do anything that was out of the rules but he was cute to assure me that necessary action would be taken to set the situation right. What I could make out from the whole conversation was that it was a clash of egos in play!

Meanwhile, Lekha and my cousin had gone to the market to get small, little things for our house at Guruvayur. I could only keep my fingers crossed on two counts - (a) would the car's boot have sufficient space to carry all the stuff? (b) was Lekha aggravating her medical problem?

The evening walk was nice, as usual. Lekha's lab results show no cause for worry except for a perking ESR. It's now for her doctor to find the cause and the remedy.

The evening with Murali and Radhika was simply nice and elegant. I did not have the heart to keep away from the lovely meat preparations laid on the table as knowing her, she'd have really worked hard on it. Tomorrow happens to be dad's second remembrance day as per the Malayalam calendar and I've promised myself to go to the Ernakulam 'sivakshetram' early in the morning to offer my prayers and attend to the connected rituals. So, rightfully, I was supposed to be a strict vegetarian the previous night. A dilemma but I'm sure that my dad would understand!

By the time we'd called it a day, it was indeed quite late!


Tailpiece.

We've not been able to call on many of our friends due to a paucity of time and have substituted for them through phone calls. It's our hope that they understand our predicament!     

No comments:

Post a Comment