Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's pouring guests!

Lekha's cousin, Lekshmi, is getting married at the Guruvayur temple tomorrow. Her folks have been fetching up all through the afternoon and prior to settling down at the hotel complex where all the guests are being accommodated for the night by the bride's parents, everyone has been dropping in at 'The Quarterdeck' to have a look see at the way our nest has been shaping up.

Much has been achieved but much more needs to be done and seeing the influx, the ongoing work has been given a respite as it would have made things difficult. My position was tricky as however much I'd wanted the pending work to get over, it was not to be as the guests could not be left unattended and made to feel unwanted!

And as my neighbour had put it, we'd a 'deluge of guests' and felt privileged and honoured. The high strength was the cascading effect of the wedding party as highlighted earlier.


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow, Lekha and I'd be heading in different directions. While she attends Lekshmi's wedding, I'll be off to Ettumanoor about 200 km south, to partake in the 12th day's ceremony of my grand aunt last rites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment