Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What a beginning!

After the family's get together, a few of us had gone to attend a formal invite to the nearby resort to ring in the new year. The madness had begun in that all the people seemed to be headed in the same direction.

The settings were nice, the crowd was good and orderly with a variety of ethnic food on offer. To top it all, the entertainment programme was good and well edited, with people - young and old - eager to shake a leg to the lovely music wafting from the powerful music system. It was against this backdrop coupled with a superb firework display that we'd welcomed the new year. There was a generous sprinkling of foreigners, some of them decked up in Indian attire and looking splendid too, among the crowd.

Mom, who was with us, also seemed to enjoy the ambiance. And after an hour or so past the midnight hour, we'd set off back for home. Enroute, I realised to my utter horror that my car keys had gone missing from my pocket. I'd parked my Chevy in front of the Foundation's office and we'd got into my uncle's vehicle to proceed for the function.

........The resort was contacted, the loss reported and one of the organisers had gotten back, a while later, to confirm the retrieval of the key. Meanwhile, we'd traversed quite a distance on the return leg and turning back would have meant unwanted delay in getting back to bed, for the others, especially for mom. Luckily for me, a friend of ours was still at the venue enjoying the variety entertainment. The organiser was asked to hand over the key to this friend so that it could be collected from his house which was a stone's throw away from my maman's house.

The result......my Chevy had to be left, where it was parked, for the night.


Tailpiece.

1. What a way to begin a year? Hope it isn't a preview of what's in store ahead......a recurring lost and found theme!

2. The traffic was madder on our return. 'Nice and high' motorists were zipping past on their vehicles with a gay abandon!!

3. The evening's get together of the family with li'l Naina was a nice affair and more interactions could be carried out. My mom and her sisters seem to be aging fast....that's the thing that struck me most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment