Thursday, January 2, 2014

Why is it recurring?

It's a collage of thoughts for the day as I'm deeply anguished by the sad news from West Bengal.

(a) Why is it recurring?

What's happening in this country? Shouldn't we hang our heads in shame? A young girl is raped twice by the same gang and set on fire because she'd dared to report the matter to the police. From the news grabs that I've been following, this report sounds authentic though there has been the police version that the girl had committed suicide. If that be the case, why was the cremation done hastily? Was it to avoid showing the government, in power, in poor light?

The barbarians, responsible for the heinous crime, need to be taken to task without any delay. Justice has to be meted out without fear or favour. How about invoking the ancient law of ' an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth'?

Apologies, l'il one, I hang my head in shame. We, your countrymen, have collectively let you done in that we've neither been able to protect your honour nor could we assure you your safety. RIP and may god give your near and dear ones the strength to tide over this horrible moment.

(b) To the 'Toothie'.

I'd been wanting to present myself to my favourite toothy - dentist, in naval parlance - over the last six months or so but the pace of life just didn't let that happen until this evening. Jaljaaaa..., as I call her(because she used to pronounce it so when she's a kid), has the artistic touch and is good at her profession, beyond compare.

I feel quite safe on her chair and have even undergone a couple of sessions without the use of anesthesia simply because I know that she undergoes the trauma more than the patient!

She's my cousin and had reinforced my belief in her this evening, yet again.

(c) At the Cardinal's birthday celebrations.

I'd the privilege of wishing Baselios Cardinal Cleemis Cathlicos many happy returns this evening. A simple and extremely popular cardinal who has friends and well wishers cutting across caste, creed or religion. I could also meet up with many friends among the star-studded crowd.

It's possible only because of my maman. Thanks, mama for the wonderful evening!


Tailpiece.

The preparations for the event of 04 Jan is going on in full swing. There's a well oiled mechanism in the Foundation that can cater for such stupendous exercises to be taken on without panic. I feel too insignificant because my contribution is very little.

PS.

On return from the Cardinal's residence, I'd dropped Thampi sir at his place. Was it in return for having got back my car keys from the resort yesterday? 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment