Friday, January 8, 2016

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

The day had begun at 4. By the time I was ready, Omanakuttan had arrived and got the vehicle ready and within 15', he'd got me at the railway station. There was already a glitch in that I'd left my spectacles at home. Actually my aunt had informed me about it after we'd covered some distance, but I'd decided to press on as I'd a spare one at home. I managed with my reading glasses during the journey.

Mohammed Sajjad - my cadet at school - and his family and Ramjith, the submariner who was with me in my previous office, were in the same coach with me. The world's small, really!

My train had reached Thrissur, half an hour late. Got a private bus to Guruvayur almost immediately and on arrival, I'd headed straight for the RTO after hiring an auto rickshaw and stowing my bag in it for getting my newly issued driving licence redone. With the backing of a senior at Thiruvananthapuram, who'd directed me to the senior superintendent, the formalities got over quickly and I'd a brand new licence - completely error free this time! The lamination was done well this time by the usually serious faced young lady who'd obliged me with her smile today Despite my efforts to avoid using my friendship with the top leadership, I finally did resort to just that!! They play ping pong with the common man at their will and pleasure, otherwise. Sad!

The auto rickshaw guy, Bineesh, was peeved that he'd to wait for about half an hour. Somehow, these guys don't consider waiting as part of their service towards their passengers and it goes without saying that they get paid for it. Perhaps, the waiting charge is considered a pittance by the ilk!

Lunch was with mom and Lekha at the usual time with a debrief about what had happened out here during my absence!

The evening walk was nice and I really enjoyed it as it was after a break of almost a week. As I've said earlier, it gives me time to reflect.


Tailpiece.

Must make it to the evaluation meet of the e-literacy programme, thus far, being held on the 14th at Thiruvananthapuram. The presence of the panchayat presidents and the secretaries would give it the necessary flavour and boost for the remaining activities. The sense of urgency to attain the target needs to percolate down.

No comments:

Post a Comment