Sunday, December 16, 2018

Admitted at Sanjivani!

Had got up, on the dot, at our usual time and we went about our chores. The breakfast of idiappams and stew was heavy and I must confess that I did feel distended! And mind you, it was the same amount that I have been having all these days!! Lekha, too, complained about the same problem but the discomfort lifted off within no time.

Most of the packing was done by Lekha and I'd to just put into the bags a few things like our medical files etc to complete it. Sajid came in a trifle after 1; he didn't go for seeing his would-be-wife as the family had other things to do. Sounded a bit weird but probably, he didn't want us to know the actual reasons, perhaps!

We kicked off from 'The Quarterdeck' around a quarter past 1 and took the NH 17. The drive was nice and there were lots of things that we discussed in the course of the journey. We were at my cousin's place by a quarter-to-4 in time for tea. My cousin and Lekha took a quick nap while Ramakrishnan and I sat and chatted away.

Around a half past 5, we'd gone to Tommy's clock shop and I could see his passion in the art of making grandfather and grandmother clocks. Yes, while the grandfather clocks have an elaborate 'head piece', the grandmother clocks are a bit subdued on that score but makes up with its cuteness and since we were going in for an exchange, Lekha, my cousin and Ramakrishnan were of the opinion that I should opt for a totally different version and we thus, zeroed in on a grandmother clock!

On our return, we went about a crowded street searching for my cousin's office clerk's house to hand over the papers for typing out tomorrow's proceedings of an important case. We returned to Gandhi Nagar and my course mate, Ajit came by to drop me at Sanjivani. It was a short drive as the traffic was sparse and since both of us had our I-cards, the entry was easy, without any hassles! Damn sweet of him to run my errand at short notice!!

The admission formalities took a bit of time, but I was in my room - no.3, where I'd stayed last! - by a trifle after 9. The steward had already placed my supper in the room which I devoured within no time. My review had, indeed, begun!!


Tailpiece.

So, back in Sanjivani after 4 weeks on a day's admission for review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment