Saturday, December 15, 2018

Limbering up.

Had got up half an hour earlier than usual as Lekha had kept her alarm so. We went about our chores and I was ready for the Rajah Medical team who had come to draw the samples. They were a trifle late but Lekha was ready with my breakfast at a half past 7. Two hours later, the Rajah team had come and collected my blood sample for the blood sugar readings, post prandial.

Sajid - we were scouting for a good chauffeur to drive our car - came soon after 10 as we were slated to go for an outing for the following:-

    (a) Had to go to the ECHS to renew our cards.
    (b) Had to get a referral for Lekha's visit to the Giridhar Eye Hospital on Tuesday and
    (c) To update the 'Pollution Under Control' certificate (The earlier one had lapsed on 24 Nov
         and was pending updation because of my ill health).

The main aim, however, was to see as to how Sajid was behind the wheel. He's good and I'm glad that Lekha's selection has been right! He'd be taking us to Kochi tomorrow!

The pleasant surprise was that Col MM Varghese - who was at the Station Headquarters, Kochi while I was the MCO and we know each other - is the Officer-in-charge, ECHS. It made things easier for getting the needful done. Our cards are valid till 2020, he has confirmed!

We were back home by about 1310 hrs. My blood test results had also reached, in the meanwhile, which were as follows:-

      (a) Bilirubin                        1.8
      (b) SGOT                          73
      (c) SGPT                           69.

Was a bit disappointed that the readings had not come down further but I suppose this was what it had to be. Armed with the results and Lekha's referral, we set off for Kochi tomorrow, after lunch. I've a day's admission while Lekha has to be at the Giridhar Eye Hospital by 0900 hrs on Tuesday.

Lekha's beautician, Seena, had come in after tea and it was beauty times between them! She has got her upper ear lobes perforated and I gave her the go ahead as she wanted to get it done. My only doubt was as to how one could undergo pain, voluntarily?





No comments:

Post a Comment