Thursday, December 13, 2018

The antics have begun!

Had got up on the dot and we had gone about our chores but by the time that I was ready, it was 9. It was breakfast time and half an hour later, Lekha and the maid had gone on their Thursday visit to the Guruvayur temple. Earlier, had wished Leela for her evening dance programme at Madras viz. Nadi '18.

Unni chettan, my cousin from Thalavoor, had called up to inquire about my health. damn sweet of him!

As I ruminated over things, I realised that I hadn't got any notifications from either my bank nor the credit card's bank about the cheque that Lekha had dropped in the latter's drop box on 07 Dec. Today was the last date of payment.

Luckily, Lekha had come out of the temple - she could answer the phone - doing a bit of shopping at the supermarket when I told her to return via the credit card bank to tell them about the no-show about the cheque and to take immediate corrective action. It had confirmed that the cheque was misplaced and Sheena took the corrective action so that the payment could be made before 1600 hrs! Phew!!

This is, incidentally, the second time that such a thing has happened in the same bank and I have asked the manager to carry out an investigation and let me know the reasons for the faux pas!


Tailpiece.

1. The Congress and the opposition have begun their antics in the Rajya Sabha, buoyed by their recent electoral victories. The entire opposition suddenly seems to believe that they would win the '19 general elections! The parliament is gonna see some unruly scenes in the coming days. This is to ensure that no business and passing of bills would take place in this last session of the house that could give credit to the Modi government! Sad!!

2. Have identified Sajid  to drive my car. As the first outing, we'll go to the Ex-servicemen Central Health Scheme(ECHS) tomorrow for two things viz:-

    (a) To initiate renewal of our cards and
    (b) To have Lekha referred to the Giridhar Eye Hospital.

3. If he's fine, we shall have him take us to Kochi on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment