Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

Got up around a half past 5, to catch up on a few devotional songs on the television on the Surya Music channel. It turned out to be a letdown, because the channel had aired film songs instead. Meanwhile, went about my chores and was ready well in time.

Was monitoring Lekha's movements too. She'd got ready, had her breakfast and along with Ramakrishnan, had headed for the Giridhar Eye hospital by a quarter past 8. Since my cousin had spoken to Dr. Giridhar's wife a couple of days back, the entire staff was on the alert and Lekha's tests went off like a song. Dr. Mahesh has confirmed that her eyes were healthy and that they haven't been affected by the intake of the HCQS tablets, all these years. Phew, that's one worry that has been laid to rest. They'd returned home by about 12.

Meanwhile, I'd to wait for my discharge summary till about a half past 1. I've been asked to report back for review after four weeks after tapering the medicine, Udiliv 150.

I'd alerted Jojy and Murali Nair to give me a drop to my cousin's place and it was damn sweet of them to have stood by for me, at the shortest notice! Finally, it was Jojy who'd dropped me back.

I'd a quick bite of lunch and by 3, Wilson - our chauffeur for the day - was at the door and we left for Guruvayur soon after. He was efficient behind the wheel and very courteous. Lekha and Wilson had tea and small eats at a wayside eatery while I chose to have a couple of gulp fulls of water from the bottle that we were carrying. And we were at 'The Quarterdeck' by 6, in time to light the lamp. We dispatched Wilson soon after with the instruction to call us on reaching his destination.

Raju and Bindu, our neighbours, called on us to invite us for their elder daughter's betrothal on the 27th. They also gave me the rundown on the food restrictions, for the next few months, that I'd to follow. Rahul, of the Medicare, dropped by soon after to give me my medicine.

Wilson's call came by 9 and we were relieved.

It was a quiet evening thereafter.


Tailpiece.

A short trip to Kochi where we could do all that we'd planned to do. Great! And we've, now, got ourselves a chauffeur too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment