Sunday, January 8, 2017

A few thoughts worth revisiting!

Don Herold(1889 - 1996) was an American humorist, writer, illustrator and cartoonist. He'd come out with an awesome collection of wisdom thoughts. Here's one:-

                 "If I had my life to live over, I'd try to make more mistakes. I would relax.
                  I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would go barefoot  
                  earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would have more
                     dogs. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.
                          I would have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.

         *                               *                               *

John Keats(1795 - 1821) was an English Romantic poet. He was one of the main figures of the second generation of Romantic poets along with Lord Byron and Percy Bysshe Shelley, despite his work having been in publication for only four years before his death.            

                                       Bright Star

                 "Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art--
                   Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
                   And watching, with eternal lids apart,
                   Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
                   The moving waters at their priest like task
                   Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
                   Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
                   Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
                   No--yet still steadfast, still unchangeable
                   Pillowed upon my fair love's ripening breast,
                   To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
                   Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
                   Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
                   And so live ever--or else swoon to death". 


Tailpiece.

Meaningful words.....

No comments:

Post a Comment