Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Plans changed.

Yesterday by teatime, BR Vijayakumar, my classmate from school and Anitha had fetched up from Thiruvananthapuram. They'd an evening 'darshan' at the temple and on return, Vijay had regaled us with the old time melodies late into the night - he was the nightingale of our class! They left this morning to pray at the Mammiyoor Sivakshetram, proceed to the Kaadaampuzha devi temple about 80 km north from here to finally, settle down at another classmate, AN Ramesh's place, at Kochi for the evening.

We're supposed to leave for Palakkad after lunchtime, the day after tomorrow to pick up my sister and head towards 'Raj Nivas' on the 20th. I'd to attend the committee meeting of the JSS, Kollam on the 21st and would have returned to 'The Quarterdeck' by Sunday. There was also the need to tie up with Santosh, the engineer, regarding the sprucing up of the Raj Nivas, before Ammu's impending wedding at the Thrikkonnamarkodu temple, in May.

By evening, I'd got a call from the land revenue office at Punalur, saying that their reps would be doing the re-survey of the land around Raj Nivas on the 19th. (Last October, we'd registered a mismatch in what they'd recorded earlier against the actual holdings and they'd promised to do a resurvey within the quarter). My presence, along with the concerned land records was necessary, upsetting the plans made earlier. I'd initially asked my caretaker to tackle the issue but realised that that wouldn't solve the problem. Meanwhile, my sister from Palakkad was insisting upon my move to Kottarakkara, at the earliest, to ensure my presence at the time of the survey, which initially irritated me no end, I must confess!

Finally it was decided that I'd go by tomorrow afternoon by the road transport corporation's low floor bus to Kollam, at 1230 hrs. Lekha will have to be all by herself for the next two days, of course with her assistant giving her company by day. Not a very comfortable situation but I suppose there's no choice!



Tailpiece.

Battleground Uttar Pradesh is slowly getting ready to witness a three cornered contest in the coming Assembly polls between the BJP, the BSP and the combination of the Samajwadi party-Congress combine. The opposition has conceded that Modi is a formidable opponent and therefore, they'd combine together, despite serious differences, to form a 'mahagathbandhan' as they'd done in Bihar! The games these people play for power! Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment