Wednesday, January 18, 2017

At Raj Nivas.

After the usual Wednesday morning chores, it was packing time for my journey to Kottarakkara. Was ready about a half an hour before time, called up Ashraf for his rick and was at the bus stand 15 minutes before departure. Ansar, the conductor, was a friendly fellow and Anil, the driver, was damn good. The route to Vyttila was via Kodungalloor and Anil drove through the narrow stretches with an aplomb. I was also the lone passenger till Vyttila and was the only guy from the start to the finish.

We reached Kollam at 1900 hrs as Anil had promised me. No sooner had I thanked them and reached the bus bay, there was a fast passenger to Kottarakkara that I could board. By the time the bus reached its destination after traversing 30 kms, I'd missed the last private bus of 2005 hrs that would have dropped me at my doorstep. My caretaker had anticipated this and sent his son to pick me up, damn sweet of him.

The gleaming Bullet incited old passions amd with the youngster's permission, I drove the remaining 9 kms. I was driving a two wheeler after a long, long time and it was simply super. I reached Raj Nivas a trifle after 2030 hrs and the caretaker was present with his trademark grin. After a quick exchange of thoughts and after I'd seen him off I'd Lekha's packed dinner and sat down to a bit of reading.


Tailpiece.

Felt immensely at peace to be back at Raj Nivas where my parents, I believe, are always there. They will look after me during my short stay and my caretaker has promised to take care of my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment