Saturday, January 21, 2017

Back at Guruvayur.

Benoy was returning to his house when an oncoming car's headlights on hi beam had momentarily blinded him resulting in the crash between the two vehicles and the car's driver - the vermin that he is - had sped off leaving the poor guy bleeding and howling with pain. He was picked by the local people and sped off to the Medical College hospital at Thiruvananthapuram. Seeing the injuries, he was shifted into the nearby KIMS hospital for immediate surgery and the doctor will inform about the further course of action after three days. Meanwhile, he is being observed in the ICU.

The director had come home for the discussions and even brought our lunch from his house. After mulling over each issue and remedial measures constituted, we'd a quick lunch and after shutting down Raj Nivas, I'd handed over the keys to the caretaker. Certain structural changes to the caretaker's son's factory have been suggested by Sasi, my director. It has become crystal clear that certain 'short cuts' have been taken by the caretaker and his family, taking advantage of our decency. The roof of the entire complex slanting into the Raj Nivas, as pointed out today, was actually directing all the waters into our plot which is in utter disregard to the existing norms! Earlier, it was my aunt - she'd worked at the municipality/corporation levels in her professional capacity - who had pointed out the unusually high decibel levels of the running machinery and before setting it up they're supposed to have taken our consent. They seem to have circumvented this important requirement and if affirmative, it's definitely a breach of trust! I looked at him and he looked away and the gratitude that I'd felt for what he and his family had done for me, for the past couple of days, seemed to dissipate. Since I was leaving, I remained silent without asking him any embarrassing questions but he has agreed to correct the anomalies forthwith.

Enroute, I'd handed over the letter and documents to my mom's bank for closure and settlement of her pension account.

I couldn't look up Benoy because of the short time at my disposal and had asked my director to do so, soon after the board meeting was over. The meeting was more or less a formality to review our activities and to prepare our course of action for the next half year. Therefore, I'd the director drop me at the Kollam railway station and since there was almost four hours to while away, I'd checked into one of the retiring rooms on the first floor of the station. I'd to pay @ Rs.420/-, which is a day's charges, whatever be the duration of occupation! The room is in need of maintenance.

The train was about 15 minutes late at Kollam but it had made up for lost time by the time it reached Guruvayur.


Tailpiece.

Another short trip in which a few things - that I'd set out to do - have been accomplished. Earlier, Lekha had reached 'The Quarterdeck', from Palakkad, around a half past 10 in the daytime and her assistant was at the bus stop to receive her.


No comments:

Post a Comment