Thursday, March 9, 2017

Back at Guruvayur.

It was a leisurely morning and we'd got up by 7. Spent some time with Jojy and folks before each one of them left for their offices leaving Saly and us to ourselves. There was a faux pas on my part, in that, I couldn't reciprocate li'l Shanaya's 'good bye' before she left for her school as I was under the shower! Soon after breakfast, Saly, Lekha and I'd left for the naval canteen for purchases and on completion, dropped Saly back at her place.

We. then. had a luncheon date with my cousin, Prabha, Siddharth and Meera. The venue was the good 'ole Ceylon Bake House, now revamped and I must concede that I missed the old, busy facade and to my surprise, the bearer told me that my favourite dish of 'Idiappam and egg masala' was only served during the mornings and in the evenings! We set off for Guruvayur on the NH17 and the journey was going fine, when short of the Chettuva bridge we're diverted through a narrower deviation as repair work was being undertaken on the bridge, necessitated by the collision of two buses yesterday!

Therefore, by the time we reached 'The Quarterdeck', it was past 5 and consequently, had our tea correspondingly late! The unpacking and the opening up of the house took the usual time but despite that I was in time for the evening news on the Asianet News channel. The evening walk was nice and I could pay up the remaining Rs.12/- at the medical shop that I owed.

The heat is oppressive, the water level in the well at our courtyard had dipped down to the 7th ring. There're another three to go! It's our fond hope that there are more convectional rains in the days to come.



Tailpiece.

1. Lekha and I were happy that we could do all that we'd thought about during this trip of ours but it did turn out to be hectic!
2. The moral policing resorted to by a few cranky Shiv Sena loyalists the other day at the Marine Drive, Kochi was bad. The lack of the police's initiative with suitable counter action was worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment