Sunday, January 30, 2011

Am I becoming a 'Nostradamus'?

It was not very gladdening news regarding the arrival of my Cruze. The carrier conveying my vehicle alongwith eight others has its axle broken and is being tended to in Ahmednagar. It should recommence its journey by early morning tomorrow and consequently, the transporter has revised its ETA at Kochi, to this Friday. It's my fond hope that this new estimation is gonna be sacrosanct.

When the car was loaded at Delhi on 17 Jan, things went off with clockwork precision and I'd heaved a sigh of relief but the pessimist in me wondered about the glitches - the worst possible scenarios conjured up in my mind - enroute! Surprisingly, my premonition seems to have come true. Am I another 'Nostradamus - the man who saw tomorrow' in the making?

A working Sunday.

Since my boys were getting things done for the big event on Monday, it's a normal day for me today, workwise. Working in an environment when all the others are on holiday - there's an eerie silence as all the shops are closed and the roads, deserted - is a different experience by itself! Anyways, I didn't mind the activity as it gave me ample opportunity to understand my boys and the intricacies of my new work.

No comments:

Post a Comment