Friday, January 7, 2011

A wonderful experience!

My flight took off an hour late from Delhi and reached Hyderabad by 1230h, an hour behind schedule. What amused me greatly was a horde of 'Ayyappa' devotees emplaining from there for their onward pilgrimage. They're in the traditional blacks and barefooted, much to the amusement of some of their copassengers and to an honest doubt raised by one amongst them, as to whether these pilgrims were doing the right thing by jetting down to their destination, I'd to explain to them that the good God, Lord Ayyappa, expected his devotees to trek the last five kms from the River Pamba to his sanctum sanctorum, perched upon the hill and they're free to use whatever conveyance they garnered to reach the base, at the River Pamba and hence, they're very much in the right to do so!

I also had the opportunity to see my new perch . Well, it's a nice place and I'd the privilege of meeting almost all the members of the team. My first impression about them was that the guys were capable and eager to pull along with me, as a new team.

Was finally at my cousin, chellakkili's house before sundown. It's always great to be here and to meet my two aunts - Ramakrishnan's mom(she's 96 years old) and chellakkili's mom(and she's 76) and our other friends. The gentleman who'd spoken about his daughter's incompatible marriage found time to drop in and it was heart rending to hear his story, first hand.

Tailpiece.

I was amazed by the story that the guy connected with the fraud SEBI letter and the whacking of about Rs. 300 cr of the investors'(the fact that none of them has made it a point to lodge a complaint against him show that, perhaps, their own wealth is suspect!)who're banking on him. What, saddened me, however, was that his grandparents and parents seemed to have been aware of his actions and they're his silent partners in crime.

And I thought that one's grandparents and parents were the harbingers of truth, always and everytime. I feel sorry for you Mr. Puri, for having such lousy grandparents/ parents! They're the people who need to be taken to task much before you!

No comments:

Post a Comment