Sunday, January 23, 2011

My weekend musings.

Despite my efforts, I find myself thoroughly disorganised from my recent shift. I'd wanted to do all the things that I did without any break, but to cite just an example, I've not been able to post my thoughts of Saturday on this masthead. And mind you I've a laptop but have not been able to own a telephone connection jack as yet! So much about my 'organised' disorderliness.

RIP Jagadeesan.
In the wee hours of Saturday, Lekha'd rung me up saying that Jagadeesan(brother of Murukesan, Lekha's eldest brother-in-law and all of 49 years) had passed away sometime past midnight. The family lives in Rajapalayam - a sleepy hamlet in Tamilnadu somewhere on the Kollam - Shencottai - Madurai - Madras Egmore line. By the time I'd made a connect with his immediate family members, an ophthalmologist was in the process of removing the eyes for transplant. Further, Jagadeesan had also pledged his kidneys for transplant and his body for medical research! A noble deed indeed by a very unassuming man as I understood him. I'd met him for the first and sadly, the only time, sometime in early Jan 2001. A quiet and unassuming guy, he leaves behind his wife and a son, who's just finished his course in Engineering.
Jagadeesan, by offering your body for the good of the society, you've shown that you're indeed a true hero and I salute you for your noble deed. The receipients of your organs will keep you alive in the years to come and your action shall always be inspirational to the others. RIP!

Another reunion.
I was on the lookout for the barber, to get my unruly hair under check, so that my appearance was okay, before I took over my new appointment on Monday. In fact, I'd got exasperated since the person who was supposed to come by did not fetch up. So, when I was on my evening walk, I decided to call up the guy from his shop and no sooner did he see me, there was a wide grin on his face literally asking me as to whether I'd not recognised him. It was Ramji Thakur, from Bihar, who'd done my hair many-a-time in the past during my earlier stint in Kochi. I must shamefacedly, admit that I didn't remember his name. Did he feel bad? I'm sure, I'd let him down and he was crestfallen but he did not show it. My apologies Ramji, for being shallow!

No comments:

Post a Comment