Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I can be nasty if you please!

This evening, soon after work there was a birthday party of a little child that I'd to attend. It was a wonderful get together that had quite a few faces that I was familiar with and I was enjoying the interaction. Soon, topics were covered with an amazing frequency that covered a wide canvas, beginning with the weather that has been really harsh of late! Such meetings help in doing unfinished work, clears doubts that perk up and end up with promises of interacting further. All in all, quite a lot of ground is covered without having to waste time, otherwise.

It was then that I bumped into a long lost friend with whom I've had a wonderful relationship earlier as we started through the paces of our career. However, somewhere down the line, I felt that he and his family did not have much time for me probably, because the priorities of life must have dictated a change. But frankly, I was a bit puzzled at that point of time because almost all my relationships that I've formed, over the years, have a strong foundation and I'd like to believe that they can never wilt or wither away! I must say that I was disheartened over the cooling off and had come to the conclusion that it was the way it was destined to be.

So, when I came across the couple, I was surprised that I no more had the thrill of meeting them though they showed great happiness. As we exchanged pleasantries, I found that I was unable to go beyond the superficiality and wanted to get away. I think it was then that I was invited to their place over the weekend and I couldn't find any worthwhile answer to cobble up.

To a query as to whether I was busy, the answer that I gave dazed me, ' I've the time but no more the inclination' and walked away as I found that I'd begun hurting! Yes, I can be nasty, real nasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment