Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Deeply distressing!

The senseless death of an eatery executive, thanks to roadrage and caused by an aviation pilot
at the Khan Market in Delhi really distresses me. Having the propensity myself,to fly off the handle
at times when I see things going wrong, I've paused to ponder as to whether it's really worth it
in the final reckoning - and that too, for a few scratches on one's car?

The pressures of life, coupled with some boorish behaviour from without, is a perfect recipe
for disaster.

I've analysed that it takes quite a bit of time for me to get angry or provoked, but having crossed
the threshold it takes a bit of time to cool down. Contemplation over long walks, meditation and to
a small extent, yoga have helped me in controlling this aspect but there's ample scope for improvement!


The villain's still at large.

The bizarre spectacle of Mayawati's MLA, charged with raping a minor - and the hapless victim paradoxically languishing in jail - moving freely and mouthing inanities, makes me feel angry. And what makes matters worse is that none of the high flying visitors in UP, like the Gandhi cousins, have had the time to meet the victim. Sadly, all politicians - young or old - are of the same genre in terms of humaneness; all of them seem to be bothered about their image and nothing else!

And it's a shame that Mayawati, herself, has not reacted to this date! How can a leader be so heartless? So shameless? It baffles me.

No comments:

Post a Comment