Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My buying spree!

Since I was back from a break, I'd to stock up provisions and grocery for our maid to take care of my gastronomical needs over the next week. And just before I ventured out to the nearby market, I'd asked her to give me a list of items that were required.

And like a dutiful guy - I did not want her to feel that I was scrounging nor did I want her to rack her brains over trivia concerning my food requirements. Food is my last priority, one must eat to survive, that's my motto - I was back from the market with the stuff.

It was only when I saw the maid's expression did I realise that I'd gone overboard on my buying spree. Frankly, I'd not bothered about the prices and as I'd said the underlying factor which prompted me during my foray into the market was that she had to be given what she needed! Onions, ginger and whatnot @ the prevalent rates did not deter my enthusiasm but must have made her feel guilty.

My reply to her surprise was a sheepish grin. Even the Ambani brothers might not have done things on this scale!

PS.
Wonder whether the grocer had a hearty laugh at my expense?

No comments:

Post a Comment