Thursday, January 20, 2011

I've only words to take your heart away!

As I pulled out my existing telephone and internet connections at home, for the final handing over, I felt that my last life support system with Delhi was being snapped and consequently, felt a twinge of nostalgia. The packing of personal effects was finally achieved before noon, phew! The telephone rings were incessant and an erratic Airtel coverage made my visits to the balcony quite frequent, much to my discomfort in the cold, to respond to them.

The day'd started at 6, with me calling up my 'maasi' to wish her happy returns as today happens to be her 73rd birthday. The poor lady has had a fall while returning from a nearby temple, a couple of days back, but sounded quite glad to hear me and I was the first to wish her. She cutely put it that that's the way she liked it - well, that was damn cute of her and my day was made!

The flight to Kochi was uneventful and quiet, though, we're 20 minutes behind schedule. But thanks to the inflight entertainment system, I was able to connect to soulful music of the past of the very popular group 'Boyzone' whose evergreen number was savoured for the nth time - 'It's only words and words are all I have
To take your heart away'.

Delhi to Kochi by three and a half hours and yet another chapter of my life has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment