Thursday, January 27, 2011

My new friends.

Next to my cabin, where I stay these days, are two little girls - Simran and Samira - who're my newest friends. The former is in class VIII while the latter is in class IV and they're Jaswinder's daughters who was my shipmate not very long ago. It's indeed a treat to interact with those kids as they're smart, well behaved and simply adorable!

Where does love go?

I'd a youngster with me who'd opened up about how he was unable to do things of his calling because his wife would not let him do so. Theirs was a love marriage, each were from different religious backgrounds and had created a furore amongst their families on wedlock. They've two sons who're studying in Delhi - the elder one's doing Engineering and the other is doing class XII.
The husband seems to be a bit tired of it all by now and says that he's going along for the sake of their sons! His wife has a problem with his parents - who're elderly and sick - and that seems to have sapped his vitality and energy. He's a pale imitation of his former self that I'd seen about eight years back.

What happens to love in the course of living one's life? I was under the impression that the bond got stronger while understanding each other's strengths and weaknesses, on staying together over a period of time. And married life was all about give and take by both the parties.

It's my fervent hope that they find their love back and towards this end, their sons would be the catalyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment