Saturday, January 15, 2011

A nice, quiet day.

It was a day of reading, listening to music and catching up with a few of my classmates. The sun was fairly strong and the cold has dipped in intensity. There was a lot to be done on my impending move and the list of activities, that needed to be done within the coming week, has been steadily swelling. And it's my fervent hope that nothing gets missed out in the maze of activities!
* * *
The afternoon was ideal for a long drive and I decided to do just that in my Cruze. Since the traffic was sparse, driving on the wide Delhi roads was indeed a pleasant experience which I'm surely gonna miss in my new assignment. One can't have everything, can one?
* * *
I'd bought a few blankets to be distributed to the people at the 'winter shelters' which is something that I do periodically during this period and derive a tremendous sense of satisfaction. Though I know that what I'm doing does not alleviate their problems or difficulties, I'd like to contribute in a small measure to give at least a few of them a temporary state of euphoria!
* * *
Yet another day is passing and I'm reminded of Pink Floyd's 'Time', the gist of which I reproduce below:-
"You run and you run
And you race with the sun.
The sun's the same in a relative way
It overtakes you to be behind you the next day
And you're one more day closer to death".

No comments:

Post a Comment