Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Had a few guests land up and it was nice.

Dateline 06 Nov.

Kerala, officially, celebrates any festival a day prior to the national capital and other north Indian states because of the latitudinal separation. And so, it was Diwali today. Hence, Padmakumar and Achu had leave and therefore, they fetched up last evening at 'The Qurterdeck'.

This morning, they drove down to the hospital and it was nice to have their company for the whole of the forenoon. The glad news was that our ECHS cards have been retrieved! My last month's dues on the ICICI card was paid, on line, by Achu and that job was over. The Jeevan Praman certificate could not be generated because it needed an optic identifier of anyone of the digits. They left by lunch time and reached 'The Quarterdeck' by tea time.

Radhika and Murali were the next and it was fun time. She has promised to send me tomorrow's lunch, damn sweet of her!

But trouble was brewing for me. My Bilirubin count had climbed to 14.1 and was still climbing. That was a serious blow! Was it that my input too less, my disharge inadequate or that my water intake too inadequate? I need to make up.

Meanwhile, Biju, the sailor whom I'd sponsored has been sending me emissaries to talk to me. His wife had called me up about six months earlier, saying that he was drinking himself silly, beat her up occasionally in that alcoholic frenzy but didn't want me to talk to him or his commanding officer. I'd asked her to take recourse with the Navy Wives Welfare Association(NWWA). He is due for retirement next year.

How time has flown?     

No comments:

Post a Comment