Thursday, April 3, 2014

A busy day in a different manner.

The pump that pushes water from the well on to the overhead tank definitely did have problems, three days back and I'd informed the concerned company as the instrument was still under the warranty period. Probably, the heat had got the better of the tough engineering equipment but jokes apart, it had a tendency to cut off midway and restart, after it had cooled off sufficiently!

The company's representative had finally fetched up to ascertain the defect and lo and behold, the machine worked perfectly. This has been a perennial experience in my life. He looked at me and I gave him a rather apologetic look but stood my stand that I'm yet to go off my senses to call for him for imaginary defects! What had swung things in my favour was that it was the franchisee's representative who'd first attended to the defect and reported the error. I was told that a new unit would be installed, in lieu, within 24 hours.

My nephew, Achu'd fetched up by lunchtime to spend a couple of days with us during which he'll call on Guruvayurappan and is also brushing up on the finer skills that are essential while attending an interview and he's quite a few of them lined up during the month. Talking to him is a pleasure because he's two sterling qualities viz he's a good listener and he's willing to learn! He's a great affinity for aeronautical engineering coupled with space technology and it's my fond hope that he joins the profession of his calling. After a bad show at the 10+2 exams, he's clawed himself back into the reckoning with a distinction in his BE exams.

The long procession of the plumber and the electrician had gone on to tackle the problem areas and hence, the afternoon siesta had to be bunked which forces me to hit the sack, earlier than normal, in the evening much to my dislike. The evening drive to the market, after the customary walk, was nice with Achu providing me a helping hand to cart bags containing provisions that were listed on Lekha's long list.

By the time I'd turned in for the night, it was a few minutes to midnight.    


Tailpiece.

Francis, from Kochi, had come to fine tune the grandfather clock earlier in the day. A thorough professional who knows his job. He rues the fact that he'd not concentrated on his education but thanks his dad for having taught him the skill of attending to the 'time' machines from whim he derives tremendous satisfaction! He's promised to look us up and our clock, whenever he were to pass by, from now on. Damn sweet of him!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment