Friday, November 27, 2015

Off to Thiruvananthapuram.

1. It was time to go to Thiruvananthapuram for the inaugural ceremony as the newly elected panchayat members had assumed their responsibilities. After tying up things to the minutest detail - like apportioning mom's medicines for different times. The Syndopa tablet has to be divided into three quarters per dose, a task that was seemingly impossible for both mom and Lekha - I'd caught the bus for Thrissur from the bus stand thanks to the auto rickshaw driver's deft moves.

2. The bus, however, took many a detour thanks to the ongoing road repairs enroute and dropped me at a spot from where I'd misjudged the distance to the railway station which saw me trudging through the afternoon sun with my overnighter. Due to an utter bankruptcy of thought, I'd ducked into the refreshment stall on the platform for a hot cup of tea and snack. And I was sweating through all my pores, a condition that I hate when slated to spend time in an airconditioned environment subsequently!

3. The usually punctual Jan Shatabdi fetched up twenty minutes later. And as though it was doing with a vengeance, it began to run late. Unscheduled halts at two stations and a half an hour wait at the outer of the Ernakulam Junction railway station ensured that the delay was
increasing. When I reached Thiruvananthapuram, it was a quarter to 10 with threatening rains.

4. By the time I reached my maman's house, it was a half past 10 and that too, thanks to my sa'arthi, Omanakuttan's driving skills.


Tailpiece.

A train that usually sticks to its scheduled timings was late by one hour this evening. Was I the ominous cause of this delay?

No comments:

Post a Comment