Saturday, September 5, 2015

A proud salute.

RIP, Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami! My salute for your valour and in the gallant manner that you went down fighting for our country!! Your life shall definitely become folklore for the generations to come. My tears and prayers and here's my fond hope that your near and dear ones - especially, your wife and 7 year old daughter - have the strength to tide over these stressful times.

Goswami had proved his mettle by an active participant in three anti-terrorist missions in the Kashmir valley in which he had personally taken the scalp of 10 terrorists and captured one before laying down his life but not before ensuring that his last mission was a success! The Army's Northern Command had proudly announced and I quote, "Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami has created a unique history by eliminating 10 terrorists in 11 days. The missions were:-

       (a) 23 Aug        In Khurmur, Handwara where 3 LeT terrorists were killed by him.
       (b) 26-27 Aug   In a back-to-back operation in Rafiabad, where 3 more LeT terrorists
                                 were eliminated by him.
       (c) 03 Sep         In the Hafruda forest, near Kupwara, where he'd mowed down 4 terrorists
                                before laying down his life.

I'm proud to be Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami's countryman! He hails from Indira Nagar of Nainital.

           *                                       *                                            *

Today's Teachers' Day. 

I humbly pay my homage to all those teachers who've taken great pains to shape my destiny through their efforts, loving care and blessings and who've passed into the mist of time. To the rest, I take this occasion to sincerely thank you all from the bottom of my heart for having invested your valuable time in me to make me what I am. And to all among my friends and relatives who're into the noble profession of teaching, "Bash on regardless with your dedication and perseverance! May God be with you in your endeavour!"


Tailpiece.

Lekha and I'd gone to Kozhikode to attend the wedding of the son of a close friend. It was a well conducted wedding and here's me wishing Deepu and Kavita a happy, successful and long married life.

PS.
Anchie, another friend of ours, was with us on the occasion. As we sat down to partake the feast, disaster descended upon him in the form of a millepede wriggling on his banana leaf. Nonchalantly, he'd it removed and asked the person to serve him on the same leaf. Finally, I'd to get him to remove it and use another one, marveling at his poise all the time!     

No comments:

Post a Comment